Monday, May 24, 2010

FIFA world cup 2010

The 11th of June is almost here. I know, and I'm sure that you all also know, that it's the time of the first soccer game (South-Africa against Mexico) of the FIFA world cup. (You can find the schedule for the matches here.) This year it's in South-Africa. I think that that's a beautiful thing, because it shows that behind that poor and miserable Africa, there's also a sign of a big independence and big toughness, which will increase the confidence of the African people.
Keri Hilson and Akon have also maid a song, Oh Africa, which kind of shows appreciation for Africa. I think it's awesome and when I listen the song, I feel like the whole world is finally peaceful.
I don't think that it matters if your country has lost the game. Just like Akon says: ''See, no matter what happens, at least we can say: we came, we saw, we tried.'' Isn't that what everything is all about?


Don't you just love times like these? (I know I do)


EDIT:
Thanks to Rita I have another two songs that are about the FIFA world cup 2010. Which one of the three songs do you like best?

Shakira - Waka Waka

K'naan & David Bisbal (Coca Cola remix) - Waving Flag

1 comment:

  1. Je hebt ook nog: Shakira - Waka Waka
    en de originele van K'naan - wavin' flag maar die gemixt met coca cola voor t wk dus heb je ook een speciale voor. moet je ook eens luisteren!

    ReplyDelete

Free counters!